Sunday, September 6, 2009

She's Here!

It seems like this pregnancy went by so slow and so fast at the same time. It feels so good to have Colbie Jan here. She was born Wednesday at 3:27 p.m. I went in at 6:30 a.m. and was induced at 7:30. Within a couple of minutes I was having contractions every 5 minutes. The doctor broke my water at 1:30 and she was born by 3:27 p.m.. Luckily my epidural worked just in time. I had to push the pain medication button about 5 times because it wasn't working toward the end. The labor was a bit harder than Alexis and I could tell she was definitely bigger but everything went really smoothly and I feel so blessed to have a healthy beautiful baby girl! She was 7 pounds 6 ounces and 20 inches long. I think she looks like Shaun and a bit like me. I can see both sides of the family in her. Alexis has been the best big sister to her. Helping me to throw away diapers and get me things for her. She washes her hands every time she wants to touch her because she has had a cold. So far Colbie is sleeping and eating really well. She is really mellow so far. Crying very little and so far is doing 3-4 hour sleep stretches at night. I love to feel her chubby cheeks!



19 comments:

The Kimber Crew said...

Emily, you so cheated!! I'm still pregnant! She looks so cute. I'm glad everything went well. I love her name too.

Keslers said...

congrats you two she looks absolutely adorable. and I am glad things went well.

Dana Family said...

Congrats! She is beautiful and I love the name!

Mike and Stacie said...

I love her so much! She does have the cutest chubby cheeks! She DEFINATELY has your lips. Alexis is so cute to help so much with her. Your are the best mom! Love you!

Chels said...

Oh my goodness she is so super cute!!! I'm so happy for you guys and I hope that you are enjoying these first few weeks. Are you guys going back to Utah for Christmas? If you are we should get together.

Holly said...

Congrats Emily! She is adorable - I love her chubby cheeks too!

Julienne said...

I love her name. She is darling and we are glad that everything went well and that you have a healthy, beautiful baby girl. congrats

BH said...

She's beautiful! I'm so glad all went well. Congratulations!

Sarah Brown said...

She is so precious! I agree with Stace--she has your lips for sure. What a darling! I just want to come hold her! Alexis looks like the proudest big sister. Love you!

Katie said...

Congratulations!!! What a beautiful baby! Hope you are feeling well.

paulak said...

So cute. Congratulations! I bet Alexis is in heaven being a big sister with her sweet little baby girl. Plus, what little girls doesn't just love babies.

Ali said...

she is a little bundle of perfection! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see more of her.

Parrish Family said...

Congrats! Glad she arrived healthy. Hope Emily is recovering quickly!

Maria said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for all of you! She is DARLING! I love the pictures! SOOOO Cute!

Lisa said...

You've got to footprint those cute little footsies! She is so cute! I love the pic with the huge flower on her head! Funny! I can't wait to meet her. Keep resting and recovering since you now have two girls!

Melissa Post said...

Congradulations! I am so excited for you, she is darling! Hope you are healing and enjoying her!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Yeah! She is here!!!!! She is soo cute! I think she is a good mix of you and Shaun. Her cheeks are super cute! I hope some day I can have a smaller baby, but then I think those chubby cheeks on my kids are worth it!! :)
I am so glad that your epidural kicked in and that everything else went well. ALexis looks like such an adorable big sis and sounds like such a great helper! I wonder if girls adjust quicker to newborns that boys, or if it's just my boy who is taking his time. Some days he likes Lynsi and some not so much (usually when she is crying. hahha)
We miss you guys! COngrats again!

oh! The video of Alexis is super cute too! Shuffle shuffle toe! hahah cute cute cute!

Tim and Melissa said...

Yay! I'm am so excited for you guys. She is adorable and what a darling big sister! Congrats!!

jgeefamily said...

Okay I am ticked. I have been checking my blog everyday to see if you have had your baby and I just figured out this morning my blog is not updating the new posts, so I just clicked on your blog to see and low and behold, you have a baby!!! She is so darling...love the name. Hoping mine ends soon. I know mine is well into the 8 pound range....yikes!! CONGRATS!!