Friday, September 18, 2009

Two Weeks Young

Two weeks young and Colbie is growing like a weed. She just had her 2 week appointment and weighed 7 lbs. and 11 oz. I am really enjoying every moment of her being little even those “blowouts”. I do an average of 2 loads of laundry a day…. usually I put the washer on the soak cycle and throw clothes in as the accidents happen. I was laughing today when Colbie decided to poop then pee then poop while Daddy was changing her. This was the squirt across the room kind of poop. (If you’ve ever had a newborn you know what I mean!) I love to hold and cuddle her and look at her little hands and feet. I love her fuzzy hair and her soft skin and to kiss her cute little face. So far Alexis has shown no jealousy whatsoever. She absolutely adores her little sister and loves to talk to her every time she sees that she’s awake. She sings her the cutest lullabies and when she holds her she gets the proudest smile on her face. When I’m driving Alexis to school she gives me updates from the back seat on how Colbie is doing. It is so sweet to see how much Alexis loves her already. It makes me think of how they must have been the best of friends in Heaven. I hoping that as they grown up together they will stay the best of friends just like me and my sisters and brother are.








6 comments:

Chels said...

So sweet! I'm glad Alexis is doing so well with the adjustment.
Ty got one of those spray poopies a couple day's after Oliver was born. No one ever told us about that, it really shocked Ty and all I could do was laugh and be grateful it wasn't me changing him.

Julienne said...

She is precious, I like the picture with the feet. Cute!

Mike said...

So cute! I can't wait to hold and snuggle her!! I also think the projectile poops are so funny! She is so so darling.

Sarah Brown said...

She is so adorable! I wish I could just come there and kiss her cheeks! You are the cutest photo taker too. I love you guys!

Lacey said...

Congrats on your new addition! Love the name you chose. She is just beautiful. So glad to hear that Alexis is adjusting well and everyone is enjoying this special time. :)

Lisa said...

So so so darling! I am getting so anxious to come out and see you guys. Can't wait!