This is just a bunch of stuff from our everyday lives. Hope it isn't boring!
Fall Foliage
One of the many Squirrels
Alexis's dance class
We are really getting excited about our house going up. They are just about done with the electrical and getting ready to finish the outside and put up the sheet rock.
It is fun to see it all coming together. 

Living Room
Backyard
Colbie's room
Alexis's Room
Garage and Laundry room
Basement
This is Colbie in her new present from Shaun's Family. It is this cool chair that even newborn babies can sit up in. We put her in it and she smiles. She must think it's fun. They also got us a cool snap on tray so we can use it as a booster seat. Thanks for the awesome gift!
Poor Colbie! Mom was so embarrassed! While sitting in the waiting room at Alexis's Dance class Colbie had a poopy "blowout". I took her into the adjacent bathroom to change her. I realized I only had pants in the diaper bag and not an extra onesie. I decided to try and salvage the outfit by cleaning it off with a wipe. Well...... Colbie had other plans. She peed all over. I came out of the bathroom with Colbie in just these pants to a waiting room of smiling and laughing mothers a few of them said "blowout?" I just smiled and nodded and said I didn't have an extra outfit. I sure felt like a mother of a newborn... totally unprepared without the extra outfit!
Alexis sure loves preschool. She goes everyday from 12:15 to 3:15. The teachers are great. Alexis's favorite thing to do right now is art. I don't have room for the several drawings she does a day. She also does more art drawings when she gets home from preschool. It is cute to see how she is with her little friends. I've noticed that she is the leader of the group. When I drop her off several of the little kids yell "Alexis!" and gather she then facilitates a game of tag until the teacher comes. It will be interesting to see if that changes as she gets older or if she continues to be outgoing and social. Her class is pretty diverse and she has some Spanish speaking friends. She has taken to making up her own Spanish words. Her new word she made up on the way to preschool was "donprecito". She was convinced it was a real word. She loves to copy other hairstyles of the little girls in her class. If I don't get them just the same she gets pretty upset. She is really particular about her hair and clothes. I can just see the teenage years coming!
So far we are adjusting pretty well to having two kids. It has been a pretty smooth adjustment with having an older child to help out. This week (week 3 of having a newborn) has hit us a bit though. We are pretty tired lately. It is totally worth it and such a blessing to have Colbie here though. We all went on a walk tonight. It felt liberating to not be pregnant! It was a beautiful fall day and the trees and flowers are just so vibrant her in Nebraska. I love the fall!
2 comments:
Emily, your kids are so darling and it sounds like you are having fun with them both! When are you moving into your house? I am so excited for you!
What fun times! You look great Em's! What funny stories--Alexis cracks me up; and I've been there with the blowout great times. Wish I were coming this week! Love you!
Post a Comment