Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Corn, Updates, Funnies!




It is kind of fun for us to see all the pretty farms out here in Nebraska. We have a field right behind our apartment and our deck looks out over it. The other day we got really excited to see that a big tractor was out planting. Now there is a beautiful field of corn that gets bigger everyday. It seems that although the small town lifestyle moves at a snails pace our lives are busier than ever. Shaun's new church calling keeps him pretty busy and mine as well. In addition there seems to always be service to do for both of us.
Alexis has been fun to play with lately. We have been playing legos alot. We also have been playing animals, dolls, and the Barbie fun cash register. For Family Home Evening we took Alexis to the movie "UP" . It was really cute. She thought some parts were scary with the bad guy. When I asked her if she wanted to go to the theatre she said "169". She rates things on number scales only her scale isn't just the standard 1-10 scale. Another funny thing she said this last week was when we were eating dinner. Shaun told Alexis she had to have 3 more bites of her sandwhich before she could have more applesauce (she would just opt to have only applesauce for dinner). She said "Dad, I'm just not loving that idea". Today I made an "Orange Julius" drink in the blender for her. Alexis said with a surprised voice "Mom I didn't know you knew how to make an orange juliest that's so cool!"


It is wierd to think that we are going to have another baby soon. We are really excited to see how this little girl will be differen't from Alexis. I thought Alexis moved alot while I was pregnant and this baby seems to move just as much and maybe more! That worries me a bit because Alexis was a super active baby. I am hoping for at least a semi-cuddler baby. I suppose a balance between one that likes to run around and one that likes to be held would be the best.
Other than preparing for a new baby and serving in the Branch we have been looking at houses. We have narrowed the search down to 3 houses and have made our decision on one of them. I will post more new as that begins to develop further.

2 comments:

Ali said...

What fun you are having! Alexis is going to be such a great big sister and a helper to you. Good luck on the house shopping!

Lisa said...

I'm laughing at Alexis's funny sayings! I wonder how she came up with a number scale to rate things. I'm sure you heard Sarah is having a girl, too! How fun for two little girl cousins to be so close in age this fall. It will be fun to see you again soon. Congrats on your house, too. That's awesome.