

So with all the humidity and the interesting new climate here for us we have had a fun week Alexis and I. I took Alexis to "General Dollar" (her favorite store next to Petsmart). I must say this is a great reward for getting stickers on her sticker chart. We have gotten a strechy lizard, a pencil case, stuffed animals, plastic kitty toy, etc. We found a great little bug catcher. I love the tools that came with it. One of them was a plastic bubble attached to plastic scissors which has proven very effect in catching quick bugs. We even caught a pretty green and purple butterfly with it. It is super hot and muggy and we could only go outside for a few minutes and even then we were drenched with sweat, but we caught several bugs for the little rectangular bug house. There are definetely more bugs out and about here in Nebraska!
Last night while taking a neighbor home after doing her hair I spotted a little toad hopping across the neighbor's driveway. She grabbed an icecream bucket for me and I brought it home. Alexis was really excited and named it "Froggy". We brought it downstairs to put on the deck. I took the lid off for a second to poke some holes in it before taking the toad outside and boom out jumped Froggy. Alexis and I proceed to chase it around the living room and kitchen for the next 20 minutes. It was behind the fridge, it was behind the tv, it was underneath the sterio speakers.....! You get the picture. We finally got it to hop back into the bucket. I was too afraid to touch it partly because I didn't want to squish it too tight or have it hop out of me hands and fall to it's death. I took the bucket over to the sink to fill it with a touch of water well I guess the tiny opening was to big and out he jumped again right into the other side of the sink under the dishes and strainer! At least the strainer constrained him while I moved some dishes to position the bucket to get him again. I was so worried he was going to jump right down into the disposal hole! I took him -safely in the bucket again- straight outside! Today Alexis and I let him out on the grass for a bit of an adventure then put him back into his bucket with a few bugs and a moth. I told her that she could keep him for maybe one more day then we needed to set him free.
For a little toad he sent us on quite the adventure!
4 comments:
Oh my! That story about the toad made me laugh so hard!! We had a similar experience when we lived in Kansas. One night Shane came home from school, and I was just sitting in the living room with Reagan asleep in my arms. Shane walks over to me with something in his hands, and he cracks it open from me to see, and out hops the frog on me!!! I started screaming, thus waking up Reagan, and the frog was hopping all over our apartment! I was so mad at him for bringing a frog in our apartment :) hahaha!!!
That is too funny! I can toad-ally (ha ha) picture every sneaky frog jump and the two of you scrambling to recapture him over and over. What an adventure indeed! :)
That's so fun. Like a little science lesson in your kitchen. You're such a good mom to let her keep it for a few days. I bet she's loving it! Your trip back to Utah sounds like it was fun too. Hope your feeling well with the pregnancy...not to much longer now.
that sounds so fun! I love frogs! You are a great mom to let her enjoy that.
Post a Comment