Thursday, May 7, 2009

The results are in.......

Well we had an ultra sound today and we found out to our surprise that we are having a........................................Girl! We are really excited and have a couple names that we like. We were both shocked because we felt strongly this baby was a boy, well we were wrong! I am excited to have two girls back to back so they can share a room, clothes, toys and stuff. It is so interesting to think how each child will be so uniquely different. It will be fun to see whether this baby looks anything like Alexis.

Other news going on:
  • Shaun got called to be the Second Counselor in the Branch Presidency... we were pretty caught off guard. It will be busy but a blessing and great opportunity to serve.
  • I am flying to Utah to visit 3 new babies that have been born!
  • We are taking a trip to Mt. Rushmore!
  • We are looking for a home and thinking of the possibility of building.
  • Alexis is done with preschool for the summer.

I can't think of much else that is new with us. Things continue to be as busy as ever. Shaun is super busy with work and scouts and now his new calling. I am busy with mine. In a branch there are lots of service opportunities. We have enjoyed it. Now that the long cold winter is pretty much over it is nice to see the beautiful spring weather and get outside a bit. We still miss the mountains but are enjoying the pretty farms here.

7 comments:

jgeefamily said...

Yay!! I am so excited for you! It really seems to be girl season...about averyone I know is having a girl. There are a few boys, but not near as many as girls!! Yay for girls!!!

Dana Family said...

Congrats! Girls are so fun!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Yeah! A girl!!!! Soo fun!! I also like to read blogs about being pregnant while I am prego! We can all have empathy for everyone! hahah
Love the zoo pics! you guys have a nice zoo there! Miss ya too!

Julienne said...

I am sure that Alexis is going to love having another little sister to play with. congratS!

Katie said...

Congratulations!!!! That is so exciting! I bet Alexis is really excited to have a little sister!

BH said...

Hurray! Another girl will be so much fun for you.

Chels said...

Hey I just read your post about you having a girl. Congratulations. That will be perfect...it would be perefect either way but isn't it so nice to know that it's a boy or a girl? I couldn't rest easy in this pregnancy until I knew whether to call little baby a "he" or "she". It just makes it so much more real! Congrats Ems.