
December 24th we drove all day to Utah for the funeral of Shaun's Grandpa Dale King. It was a unexpected death although he was older. The funeral was very nice and touching. He was honored by the honor guard at the gravesight for his service in World War II. He was a great man. One I new for 7 years yet felt like I had known forever. He made me laugh. He had a great whit and humor and a life filled with stories of service, love, compassion, and family togetherness. He was very loved by his children, siblings, friends, grandchildren and great grand children. He was always making the grandkids smile. Alexis loved to sit next to him on the arm of his couch and watch movies. She would often follow him around the house too. Grandpa and I both had a love for ketchup. We will miss him dearly but are so greatful for Jesus Christ and a way that has been made possible for us to see him again and that he will be resurrected someday. 
3 comments:
Neat pictures of the funeral, Ems. Sounds like Grandpa King was a neat man. I'm glad you guys could be there for his funeral. I love the Facebook picture of you and Trooper, too! So you made it safely home? Is it good to be back? It's totally snowing here right now. Love you!
Hey Em's. I like the picture with the flag. I always get a special feeling for veterans. Glad you were here.
Hey Cornia's! This is Shane and Katie Hurst. Cute blog! We'd love to keep in touch with you guys, our blog is set to private, but if you send your email address to kbhurst79@yahoo.com we will send you an invite. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment