Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A fun Outing!

Happy Birthday Shaun! (I'll post photos of the party later. it isn't till Friday)
This year Shaun requested to play games and have cake and ice cream. Almost every year he makes his "Grandma Kings Cinnamon Rolls" on his birthday! Mmm! We are also going to watch a free "on demand" movie probably "Meet Dave" and go to dinner somewhere just the two of us.
We love you and Happy Birthday!
Original Downtown Columbus Nebraska! They have this really old tavern that looks like it is straight out of a wild west show.... It is actually a historical sight now, but still runs as a bar.

Down by the tracks. Southern Pacific Car.



Alexis had fun seeing the trains up close. They were slowly rolling by.





I felt like I was taking a walk through my grandmother's home.
It was fun to see all the antique stuff.
I almost bought some neat old windows I want to turn into picture frames!


Isn't this a fun old building to see? The trains and tracks are off to the right. It is clear this was an old railroad town. Back behind here is another store that has collectibles too. Alexis kept saying "mom look at this old thing" when I showed her an old radio she asked if the people listened to "Cd's" on it too! I really enjoyed seeing some of the antique toys. There was a microscope set that was really cool. The old rocking chairs, quilts, magazines, and furniture were neat too!
Fun outing even if it was bitter cold today!





No comments: