Finally we have the internet and a phone! When we went to hook up our phone they said it would take 2 1/2 weeks then because our doorbell is broken I didn't here the 8:30 a.m. knocking from the cable man. I was so upset that I missed him I was all geared up to have a phone again and we hadn't talked to our families to even tell them how our new place was other than a quick email at the (silent) library with Alexis spinning in the spare computer chairs! "So do you just have one maintenance man?" I asked the cable people calmly while the lady explained we were going to have to wait till Nov. 4th till a maintenance worker could come again. I really was thinking "What?!" "Are you crazy we have been here month already without a phone!"
We feel like we've been on a mission sortof the last month. First with the once a week contact to our families on library day. Second with being in a small branch here. Third speaking at babtisms, Fourth welcoming several investigators to church each week, and Fifth feeding the missionaries alot. I'm also the 2nd counselor in the relief society presidency now and lead the music and play the piano for the mutual christmas caroling (even though I never took lessons!). It really has been great though. We are really liking the opportunities to help and serve more.
Our latest happenings and updates: (not much it is a pretty relaxed and slow town)
- Trunk or Treat for the Columbus Branch
- Thursday story/crafts at the library
- Carving Pumpkins
- Trick or Treating at our apartment
- Building a thousand things out of left over moving boxes!
- Driving around and seeing the leaves and the old homes
- Going to the parks
- Making paper crafts with Alexis
- Reading the 3rd Eragon book
- Stake Conference in Lincoln Nebraska sat. and sun. going to Target and Toys-R-Us
- Practicing playing Christmas and church songs on the piano!
Cute story about Alexis today:
We were at a store I love to browse "the 2nd hand furniture store" looking for a headboard for Alexis's. Alexis was humming and singing differen't primary songs. Including I am a Child of God. It was really cute. We crossed the street to compare prices at a local furniture store for some nightstands. Alexis got louder with the singing "I love mudder she loves me I love daddy yes-sir-ee we are a happy family we are a happy family". She sang the whole time we were looking around the store. Where we were the only ones in there all the employees could here here sweet little voice. On the way up the stairs she was finishing the above line and the manager smiled and said, "You must have a happy family!"
7 comments:
Fun pictures! I don't know why, but I got a little teary eyed watching all of them (a little pregnancy moment I suppose). I think it was seeing all the fun things that you guys have done together as a family and being excited to have my own little family. I love all the beds that Alexis made for her dolls out of the boxes. I also absolutely LOVE Alexis's halloween costume and her 'poses'. It made me laugh out loud. She is so hillarious! I love you guys!
I love your new Nebraska home! It reminds me a TON of Iowa with the squirrels and flat landscape and trees. Alexis looked so darling in her costumes! It looks like a good turn out for the branch trunk or treat. Much bigger than our Ganado branch! Sounds like you're getting settled and enjoying it there. The story of Alexis singing in the store was so sweet! My niece, Kirstyn, when she was about that age, used to sing I Am a Child of God as they would walk the older girls to the bus stop. Another neighborhood mom asked about it, and that family ended up being baptized! You never know. The missionary opportunities outside of Utah are awesome. Love and miss you guys!
Nebraska!! Wow, I was starting to wonder what you guys were up to. And about the phone thing, we are going through that right now, and it makes me crazy thinking that, "you’re joking right, I have to wait how long? You guys were here just today? What the heck??? Any who, glad to see you’re getting settled.
Glad to hear you made it there ok. Wow, sounds like a small town kind of place. I love the mission field, I feel more like I am contributing to the gospel when I am one of the few. Here in Idaho and Utah, you just don't get that as much. You guys will be great there. Miss you.
Those pictures of Alexis are so darling. I miss her!! That story of her singing is so cute. Mom read me the card she wrote and it's so funny.
She is a doll and getting so grown up! I miss you guys too! Brigs. just woke up. Better go!
Love,
Sarah
It was good to hear you guys made it there and are getting settled. Glad you guys are enjoying it. Loved the pictures-- such a cute family!
Yay for digital scrapbooking. I love it! Where are your favorite places to get digital materials? Please share!!!
It looks like you all are doing well and getting settled in. We have really been loving fall in boston and are so happy to be here. What kind of work is Shaun doing? Does he like his new job?
The pics of Alexis are so cute. I loved the flapper dress, but I loved the tinkerbell costume better. She is so pretty in green. So, thanks for sharing. We are so glad you can continue to be our blogging buddy. ;) BTW--I am totally missing your hair cutting skills. It is looking shaggy and I am scared to find someone new. AAAAAHHAHHHHHH!
Post a Comment