Sunday, September 21, 2008

Reflection, Job offer, Great Husband!


I was pondering during church today about trials and faith as I was reading from my church manuel. I am amazed at Joseph Smith, the trials he went through, his faith, his perserverence, his determination to serve Jesus Christ, etc. I am amazed at his wife Emma for her strength and endurance in faith amidst all the persecution they endured. This last year we have gone through some difficult trials. I don't want to go into a whole list or anything, but it's been a doozy of a year. I however had a bit of a reality check today reflecting on the life of the early saints and realizing as I often realize upon true meditation that my life really isn't all that difficult! In fact I feel truly blessed. (above picture is when we took a trip to Carthage Jail)


On a differen't note those of you wondering what we've been up to. Well you might have guessed-more camping! We headed up to the Uintah's once more this time with an air mattress and real food. It was great to sleep on a soft bed and to drive up to the camp site.


This past week Shaun got a job offer on a job in Nebraska! We are still working out all the details, but are moving toward accepting it. It will be another definite leap of faith for us. (most decisions are I guess).


My darling nephew turns 1 this week! Happy Birthday to Brigham!


I will be doing my sister-in-law's hair for homecoming. Yay! How fun!


Alexis got to go to Kindergarten twice and loves it! (my mom's a teacher)


My brother's wife is pregnant!


My sister's pregnant!


Shaun has been cooking up a storm in his spare time. It has been awesome. Anyone who knows him knows he likes to keep busy. It has been driving him nuts to be waiting on all the companies to get back with us and the interview stuff. He has always enjoyed trying and learning new things. Lately he ahs been cooking up many delicious recipes. Namely:

2 differen't kinds of peach pie

chocolate mousse pie

sweet beens and rice

fresh trout and pasta

lime fettecine alfredo and chicken

Marinated Grilled chicken

His own Wonderful made up Strawberry salad

Cream Pea soup

Homeade meatballs

I could go on! I'm so glad he loves to cook because it is great to sit back and let him enjoy it -I sure enjoy eating it too!


Just want to say how greatful I am for my awesome husband and all that he does for me and for our little family. I am so greatful for him in my life and the joy he brings to me!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love hearing stuff from your clan. It sounds like you guys are making some more big changes-good luck with that
Lot's of love, the Durkovich fam

Aaron said...

Wow!!! So much going on...

Nebraska could be fun. There's not much there, but one thing I am learning is that home is where you and your family are. You can be happy anywhere.

Congrats to sisters (inc. in laws) on the pregnancies.

I think I need to go and get a snack. The list of yummies made me hungry. Thanks for posting. So fun to see what you are up to. ;)

Chels said...

Em, I love you! I'm always so grateful for those little moments of reflection. They don't make things easier necessarily but they make them more understandable and more bearable. Good luck with the Nebraska offer. I hope it works out for you guys!

Mike and Stacie said...

You really do have a such a great husband! I always think it's fun how he loves to cook (I sometimes wish Mike was that way). I am so happy for him job offer too! I think you guys will be a great addition to any town you move to. I love you tons and we'll see you for Brig's Birthday!

Parrish Family said...

Congrats on the job offer. You are in our prayers!

Dana Family said...

Busy, busy, busy! We're so happy for you guys about the job offer. Best of luck!

Maria said...

Busy, busy, busy. Sounds fun! How exciting and scary and adventurous to move to Nebraska. Good luck with everything! Oh, and I wish Marcos loved to cook. I've had to make myself learn enough to help my poor family survive.

Kaydee said...

It sounds like you have had a crazy year, I loved your reflections, it is always good to think about things like that in order to put life into perspective. Good luck with the job stuff, I am sure it will all work out great!

paulak said...

Congrats on the job offer. You will be farther away though. You left us here in Twin and now you want to leave several states away. That is really awesome though. Hope it all works out.

Tim and Melissa said...

Congrats on the job offer! Fill us in on what the job is. Good luck working out all the details. It sounds like you guys have been busy!!

Julienne said...

good luck with the new job and the move! Nebraska will be different but I'm sure an adventure as well.

Ashton and Shanda Call Family said...

I love that picture of you two at the bottom kissing! Priceless! Love your carved pumpkins. Are you in Nebraska now?

Ali said...

cute background. where did you get the papers. They are all so cute. ;)

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Okay! The last picture is my fave!HOw cute! You two have always been such a cute couple and fun fun famiy to have as friends!

I hope that the new job in Nebraska works out and that all is finally well in the Cornia household! Send me an email with your new address so I can send you a christmas card! We miss you and it was soo much fun to see you when we came to visit UTah