For Thanksgiving we will be here having our first ever cook it all by ourselves dinner (with some neighbors making a few things too). I was just changing the temperature on the oven for the pumpkin pies. Yum! It smells great. I hope they taste good too! We are having one of our neighbors over from the branch. A bunch of people are gathering for pie. There is a Branch turkey bowl tomorrow morning. It is a pretty big deal with the Branch here. They have a contest between the two quorums. They even have a trophy and tally of ongoing scores. It has been fun to see all the Christmas lights going up and to hear actual Christmas music playing in all the stores. I guess with being a small town the "only holiday music" thing hasn't caught on here. I really love the Christmas season and Give Thanks unto our Heavenly Father for all of our blessings. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Getting Ready to go on the Wagon ride!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Happy Thanksgiving!
Here in Nebraska they have a "downtown stroll" down the old main street in the historic downtown. It was really fun to take Alexis. There were allot of people singing Christmas Carols from different churches dressed up in old "Charles Dickens" style clothing. Some of the business's had drawings to enter, and Christmas cookies. Others had homemade mints and hot cocoa! It was freezing but a beautiful night. I wish the pictures were better. Sorry! Our camera ran out of batteries. I kept turning it on to quickly take a picture. I was able to squeeze out a few but didn't have enough time for some nice photos. Alexis loved the horse drawn carriage and wagon rides. She was so excited when we were riding on the wagon she looked up at the horses shook her head in disbelief and said "I just can't believe it!" How precious! She also got excited that Santa's house is up and he's going to be visiting soon. She said "I want to tell him I want a makeup bag and a real Barbie Car to ride on."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Those pictures are so cute! You look like you live in such a fun town!
What a fun idea to do a "Holiday Stroll!" I love the midwest towns. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun even though it was freezing. I think it's so funny that Alexis said, "I just can't believe it all!" I have one of her presents already and I'm making another one with Maria tomorrow. I need to call you to find out one thing about Shaun's gift. I have some ideas for you, but if there's something that you'd like that's hard to get in Nebraska, let me know!
Love the christams lights! Downtown eh! I bet you will have lots of fun adventurous stuff to do now in a whole new State!
Hey! Could you email me your mailing address please?! thanks!
The horse and carriage look super fun! I have always wanted to ride in one of those!
Post a Comment