Largest toad we have found this summer. I told Alexis I had let loose a toad next to the stairs in our backyard that I found in our garage. It was just a tiny little one so when she looked under the stairs on our patio and said "there is one look" I was quite shocked when I found this hand sized honker.
I can't believe my "baby" is going off to kindergarten in a couple weeks. Here is one of her darling new outfits. Where did the time go! I feel like I'm sending my little girl off to the dark forest to the wolves. It really makes me realize what a short time I have as a mother to teach my children the core basic values they need to survive in the world.
Alexis's favorite toy: Bug catcher from Dollar Tree. I love these kind of toys. Explorative and cheep! This summer we caught:Butterflies
Beatles
Spiders (one spider layed eggs that was an unpleasant surprise although Alexis was thrilled that baby spiders were crawling out the vent of the bug catcher into her room!)
Several Toads
Three Caterpillars
A Fly
A dead Cicada
Grasshoppers
Worms
I love these Sandals that Alexis and her cousin Sophia created out of feathers and pipe cleaners. They are so creative!
Back of yard
Yard going in
Back Yard
Front Yard
Back Sod In
1 comment:
yeah a yard!!! And that Colbie is too cute. She must take after Shaun with the dislike for tomatoes. Alexis's outfit is darling and I can't believe she's a kindegartener!
Post a Comment