Alexis started kindergarten on Aug. 12. The first day was a half day but she has all day kindergarten from 7:55 - 3:05. She has been waking up to her own alarm and loves it. I'm so glad she is excited and happy about going. Today was her 2nd full day of school. I asked her teacher how she was doing when I walked over to pick her up. (It is so nice we can walk to the school within five minutes!) Her teacher said "she's doing good.... she sure likes to talk alot! She also said she is really smart. Alexis tells us each day what they did. She is loving P.E. and learned to skip fast and gallop. She demonstrated both of them for me. She said her favorite part of the day was "choice play" and said she chose to play with the animals. She told me they did math with some plastic bears and 11 take away seven was 4. There is a boy in her class that she tells me about that yells at the teacher and kicks and cries and has to have time outs. It has been a bit of an emotional roller coaster sending her off to school all day. It hits home how fast they are in someone elses care for most the day and how I've hoped to have instilled some core values. On a differen't note.... Colbie is as happy as ever. She gets to play in Alexis's room and hardly cries because Alexis isn't bothering her. I can't believe how easy it seems to just have 1 at home and how quiet it is!
This is Alexis getting brave going down the boat at the B.D. Picnic for Shaun't work. It is a really fun carnival like picnic with lots of prizes to win.
I love that everything is free and we get to try as many differen't treats or games we want!
Colbie loved the cotten candy. I looked over and her and Shaun both had a drip of pink on their cheeks in the same spot. It was really cute because they already look so much alike!

Here is Alexis's teacher Mrs. Niles
Alexis in front of her Elementary School
Leaving for the first day of school
Colbie loving the water park on our last excursion before school started
She kept climbing through this fountain it was one of her favorite things.
Alexis had a blast playing around on the toys and water playground.
We got to mow our lawn for the first time. We also started to landscape by putting in some foundation gravel. I have loved going out and doing yard work with Shaun and Alexis. Doing house projects has been one of the most enjoyable things about having a house. Which is funny because I didn't think that working would be my favorite thing! It has been really rewarding to see the projects come together. I canned some pizza sauce and some chili base from the tomatoes from our garden. It was fun to do for the first time. Next year I have plans for making our garden better. This year it got overwatered and I think it was a fungus or mold that killed quite a few of the plants. We have had a wet spring and summer.
Leaving for the first day of school
1 comment:
I can't believe Alexis is a kindergartener! She looks so cute with her backpack and Colbie is too cute with her talking ooo wow!
Post a Comment