Our sprinklers are half way done and it rained again! Last night we had a classic Nebraska thunderstorm with lightning lighting up the sky 360'. If it would stop raining we could get some yard in one of these days.
So far with Alexis out of school we have just been hanging out. She went in for her kindergarten checkup and had shots while having a cold. She had some bad asthma that just about had her in the hospital. She was on a nebulizer and steroids for 4 days.
Colbie says "ma ma, da, da, up, all done, bye bye, night night, and Alexis. She crawls pretty fast now so I have to watch out. She has also started to pull herself up to standing on all the furniture. On Sunday she was trying to sing with me to the hymns and today she was making train noises because we could hear trains outside. She is such a sweet happy baby who likes to be held and cuddled and held some more (and cuddled some more!) I love it that! I took Alexis and Colbie to the park by the school and let Colbie play in the sand for the first time. At first she just squished her hands in it then just as I thought she would she put a big clump in her mouth and started rapidly chewing. It was really fun to see how excited she was and to build a sand castle with Alexis.
Over the weekend it got up to 86' and very humid. It seems so weird after growing up in a desert where it cools off at night and when it storms to have a windy overcast day but have it be so hot and humid outside. I love the beautiful green landscape in Nebraska. Spring has been lovely here, I especially like the trees.
4 comments:
I so can't wait to see you guys! Colbie cracks me up! I can't believe she can dump that whole box of toys out. I love the yellow polka-dot bikini photo of Alexis. She'll have to do her dances for us when you come!
Fun pictures. I personally love "The Squint". Cute family!
Woops! That last comment says it was Mom but it's Stacie (I'm on mom's computer)
You have the two cutest girls ever! I think that Colbie reminds me a little of Alexis when she was young! Soo cute! How old is Colbie now? SHe is doing soo much!!
Post a Comment