Friday, April 30, 2010

Garden Fun


Here is our garden it took us 3 1/2 hours to plant 2 rows of potatoes and one row of peas. We now have a row of onions planted and they are starting to sprout. This used to be a cornfield so we'll see what happens with the plants. To plant the rest we will need a rototiller because the soil has so much clay it is rock hard to dig in even with adding water. The water just turns it into a muddy mess and it is still hard to dig. "Working the Land" has a whole other meaning to me now. I told my mom I was realizing the joy of digging in her nice soil.
I put the dark pink and purple petunias around the perennials. Looking from the front the pink petunias will be in the middle and the purple on the sides. I hope they spread out and fill in a bit this summer. The perennials have a year guarantee so if they die I can still replace them. So far so good!

They have been through a few rough rainstorms and wind but are still holding up. My potted plants


The promised couch pictures and I finally hung a few pictures
and put up some vinyl lettering on my wall.


I crocheted a bee for Alexis she named it "bee"

Colbie learned how to crawl backwards
and crawled under the crib to play with her mobile


Alexis all ready for her dance recital
"polka-dot bikini" and "rubber ducky your the one" dances
What else is new?
-Colbie learned how to crawl forward last Sunday and is getting around eating little bits mostly paper if she can find it.
-Alexis got a two wheel bike for her 5 year old birthday and is learning how to ride it.
-Shaun is getting his "black belt" this year at work (not karate it's basically business training classes in lean manufacturing and statistics).
-4 baptisms last Saturday in our branch 3 of which were Spanish speaking Shaun has been able to help teach some of these people because he knows Spanish from his mission to Uruguay.
-2 kids twice the messes and twice as much less time
-4 new houses going in on our street

No comments: