Just a post to wrap up our Christmas celebration. It was fun to have our own traditions as a family. Alexis was just old enough to really understand everything. We were able to just relax and enjoy having time we don't usually have with Shaun being off for a week and a half. He cooked gourmet meals and cleaned and played with the girls. We played games, went shopping, saw Princess and the Frog at the little Theatre in town, and laughed with one another. We got snowed in, we sang, we read and talked about Christ, and just enjoyed not traveling. I had a bit of the back to work blues because it was so nice to have Shaun home. For New Year's we let Alexis stay up and play games. We all went out and banged pots, something we always did with my family growing up. After we got in a sword fight with the wooden spoons. Good times! Today we started our new goal of exercising more. We went the the Ymca and I did a Latin Dance aerobics class called Zumba while Shaun shot hoops. We did some weight training afterward. The Y has free babysitting...So nice! Happy New Year to you all!
What I got for Christmas: Clothes that fit
Shaun's present
Colbie in her snowsuit she loved going outside and watching us shovel
Colbie was pretty excited about Christmas more than I thought she would be. She loved opening gifts she got so excited she fell asleep 3 times it took her all day to open her stuff!
Alexis Making Christmas goodies with Dad
When Alexis went to see Santa she just stared at his face and studied the inside of his house. I already told about how she thought she had been naughty this year in another post. She told us after that "I looked and looked and couldn't see Santa's mouth!" So that's what she was looking for!
Washcloths from Grandma Hurst
Just a fun photo
Seeing Santa
Alexis and her Unicorn "sparkle fable"
Puffy vests from Aunt Colette
5 comments:
Wow! I can't believe all that snow!! Crazy. Looks like you guys had a very fun Christmas. Your girls are adorable. I love that you bang pots on New Years Eve. We always did that growing up too! I didn't know anyone else did that :) It's a fun tradition!!
Looks like you had a fun Christmas, especially in your brand new house. I can't believe the snow drifts! Especially since we didn't really get that much snow there last year. Wow.
I thought about your guys and the snow. We were driving through Nebraska on the Sunday after Christmas...we saw 69 cars off the road. The weather was insane - glad you didn't get completely buried in!
What a fun post! I loved all the pictures. You have such a cute family and it looks like you had an awesome Christmas! Love ya and miss ya!
The puffy vests from Collette were so cute! I like how Colbie really does look excited to open her present. Such cute Christmas pics! and I love your new kitchen! Love you!
Post a Comment