Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas!






It seems the year has passed so very quickly. I can't believe it's almost Christmas. Shaun and I will have been married 8 years this month! Where does the time go. Colbie is as cute as ever. She has started laughing at us. Her favorite is the duck sound. I love the baby giggles. I took Alexis to see Santa at his house downtown. She was so excited to tell him she wants a unicorn bicycle, a unicorn pony, a unicorn stuffed animal, and a unicorn makeup holder. He asked her if she has been good this year and she just rolled her eyes to the side and smiled but didn't say anything. I could tell it was because she was not wanting to lie to Santa but really thought she might have been bad this year! Of course she isn't actually on the bad list. What a sweetheart. Tonight we went and looked at Christmas lights then came back and had hot cocoa while playing Yahtzee. It was really fun to spend some time as a family and see that Alexis is able to participate in some of the family traditions that continue on. One fun family tradition my family does is a Christmas eve gift exchange we all tell each other why we love each other when giving our gifts. We also have a program where each family or person can plan whatever they want to do. This year Alexis and I are doing a synchronized tap dance to "just hear those sleigh bells jingling ring ting tingly too..." Harry Connick Jr.'s version. We made reindeer antler hats to wear. Colbie might do a little tap dancing too with Shaun's help. Since we are not traveling back home this year we will have to send the video of the performance. We will miss family but it will be nice to have our own little Christmas in our new home. This will be a first so we are excited. Wish you all a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Sarah Brown said...

You and your family are too darling! I can't believe how grown up Alexis is getting and how beautiful she is! I think the story of going to Santa is so funny. We sure missed you this year and can't wait to see you! I LOVE YOU!

Lisa said...

Hope you guys are staying warm with all your snow! Colbie and Alexis are so cute. If you come out this summer that would be way fun!