We had fun going to the BD picnic for Shaun's work. They had a carnival. Everything was free. It was really fun to be able to let Alexis do whatever she wanted and get whatever food she wanted to try. She had cotton candy, a snow cone, and a fried Oreo. She liked playing on the big bouncy blowup castle and shooting the crossbow to win prizes. Shaun tried the climbing wall. It was sooooooo hot and humid we were just sweating and sweating.
After the picnic we went to Scott and Melissa Hyde's to put up some sweet corn that we had picked from a lady from Shaun's work that had extra this year. We got about 40 bags each out of a trunk load of corn. It was quite the project. We owe the Hyde's for letting us do it at their house with bugs, husks and corn all over their kitchen and little maggots falling from the bad parts of the corn. We luckily had some electric knives that made it super fast to cut the corn from the cob. It will be nice to have the bags in the freezer where we can pull them out and use them this year. Especially for Thanksgiving.
We have been checking the progress for our house and nothing was going forward with the foundation till this week .Yay! I was able to catch a before and after picture. The wall should be going up within the next month. We were a bit disappointed to find out that the trim for the outside of the house we had chose is not available. (black) We are going to probably go with tan instead. Darn it! Our windows are already ordered so we can't change that color and will have to pick a trim color to coordinate.
School is starting up next week and I'm thinking of putting Alexis in a preschool at Centennial Elementary school. It is right by our new house and is free. There is also a tap/ballet combo class we are thinking of signing her up for. She is quite the little dancer and I think she would enjoy it. The cost is what gets me, but I guess with free preschool maybe we can swing it.
3 comments:
Yay that they finally dug your house! It looks good! Fun that you have so much corn in the freezer now to use! What a fun company picnic too! So fun!
With all the money you'll save in corn, I'm sure you can swing it to have Alexis "Swing It!" J/K. I can't wait for your baby, and the house!
Cool pictures of the corn field and the house foundation. I think building a house would be so much fun - stressful, but fun and exciting too. And awesome that you got so much corn to freeze. I love harvesting time! I can't believe there's a free preschool for Alexis. Yeah, do it for sure. Looks like the carnival was a blast - even if it was super hot and humid. :)
Post a Comment