Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Exciting News

This was at about 8 weeks. Getting kindof hard to hide already!




I decided that we would announce our good news. Yes we are pregnant! It is a great blessing and miracle to us. We have been waiting awhile for this so we are very excited. We thought we would wait till 12 weeks or the end of the first trimester to tell everyone. A lot of people that live by us already know because I am showing so much faster than I did with Alexis and it is hard to disguise the growing basketball! In fact we thought we might be having twins at first! I was kind of disappointed when the Doctor said "there's just one" because it meant I just was huge already and at least having twins would have explained it! Oh well!


We are due on September 7th which happens to be Labor Day. How appropriate don't you think? Shaun and I both think it might be a boy. I just feel like it is. Alexis however is set that it is going to be a girl and won't even come up with any boy names. Her names for a girl are: Arienna A after my brother's baby "Arienna Bea", Starburst, Star, Rainbow, and Patty. Thinking of Alexis and her personality I think "Starbusrt" would have been an appropriate name for her. My mom had a best friend named Star growing up come to think of it. She is really excited and tells me all the time how she is going to help me with the baby. She sleeps with the ultrasound picture on her dresser and refuses to allow me to remove it. I found her carrying it around the other day. I think I will put it in her little photo album so it doesn't start to get to ruined.

17 comments:

Kim said...

Congratulations! How fun for your family. Alexis will be such a good big sister.

Keslers said...

Congrats you two, that is so exciting! Alexis will be a great big sister.

Ashton and Shanda Call Family said...

CONGRATS!!! I'm so excited for you! Seems like everyone is pregnant right now...not me. Ah well. All in good time.

That is so cute that she loves the picture of the baby! So sweet

jgeefamily said...

YEAH!! I think about you guys all the time because I know you have been waiting for this!!! CONGRATS!!! Keep us posted!

Ali said...

Congratulations!!! What an exciting miracle. I especially love the little bump picture. ;) Cute!

jannene hurst said...

Hi em.. I think it is wonderful too. Alexis will be a great big sister. It's funny that you remembered by friend. She was my best friend in 6th grade. Her name was Star Sly.

Parrish Family said...

Congrats! We are so incredibly excited for you two! Hope all goes well with this one and that Shaun gets his way and gets a little boy. Keep us updated.

Lisa said...

I love how Alexis wants to name the baby (if it's a girl) Arienna A. That cracks me up!!! I am so excited for you guys. I think it's precious how Alexis carries the ultrasound pic around. She will be such a great big sister and you and Shaun are great parents.

Katie said...

Congratulations!! That is very exciting news! Alexis is hilarious!! Arienna A..I can't stop laughing! What a cutie!

Dana Family said...

Congratulations! Hope everything goes well!

Julienne said...

That is VERY exciting news! Congratulations I'm happy for the two of you!

paulak said...

Congratulations. We are very excited for you. That is wonderful news. YOu are so tiny...of course you are showing. YOu look great.

Mike and Stacie said...

I am so excited for the little baby!! He/She is going to be so cute! Love you tons!

Melissa Post said...

Congradulations!!! Sorry I never responed to your e-mail, needless to say life has been busy trying to get everything in order for the house. I am SOOOO excited for you, I know you've waited a long time! Good luck!

Tim and Melissa said...

Yay! What fun news!! I hope you are feeling well.

I hope this will let me post this time...whenever I've tried lately it tells me I'm not a team member - boo.

Lacey said...

How exciting for your family! Congratulations! I'm glad to hear that Alexis so is excited already to be a big sister. I'm so happy for you guys. :)

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

I am soo happy for you guys! How fun to be pregnant at the same time I am! LAbor day! Now that really is quite the due date hahahaha!

If I had a tiny body like you, maybe I would have shown earlier too! YOu look AMAZING!!! Your belly is soo cute! I can't believe you started showing that early! Are you sure there's no twins? hah
Miss you guys!