We just got back from our 3rd backpacking trip as a married couple. We headed up to the Uintah's with my brother, Uncle and Cousin. Backpacking and I sort of have a love hate relationship. I love the mountains, the solitude, the smell of the pines, the beautiful reflections off the lake, the challenge, the fire, the friendship, the fishing, and the stories. I dislike however the aches and pains, the cold, sleeping in a confined mummy bag, the last few hours of hiking in to camp with a heavy pack, the sore feet, etc.
All in all this last trip was one of my favorites. I was a little more prepared for what to expect and knew what to bring- or not to bring (the lighter the better). It was nice to have a well groomed trail and shade. It was pretty cold this year and we ran into a little snow in our camp but we didn't get rained or snowed on. The fishing was really good. My little brother taught me how to fly fish too. I really think mountain house dinners (ready to eat meals that you add water to) are very good. We especially liked the pasta primavera, chicken polynesian and rice, and the raspberry crumble desert. The scenery was awesome! Enjoy the slide show of some of our pictures!
7 comments:
That sounds so much fun. Mike and I will have to try it sometime. You're a trooper with all those men!
Wow, you really are a trooper. I don't know that I could carry a pack that heavy let alone hike with it. It looks so beautiful, I bet it was worth it.
hey cornias
we just browsed on your blog and wanted to say hi. we hope all is well with you. we can't believe how much your little girl has grown.
These comments are going to sound like a broken record because my words are also: "You are a trooper to backpack with the guys!" Your photos are so beautiful and I bet Mike was in fishing heaven!
Brave? Or just crazy? Haha. It actually sounds really cold and fun. ;) The pictures are gorgeous.
Wow! I'm impressed that you go backpacking together. I've never done that - maybe someday. The pictures are gorgeous!!
Backpacking is a love/hate relationship! But think of the great accomplishment!
Hey! Did you get my email about a get together when we are in town?
Post a Comment