Monday, July 21, 2008

Haircuts



I knew this would happen sooner or later! Alexis has recently trimmed a fake dog and her own hair! I am a hairdresser so of course Alexis sees me cut peoples hair and she loves to pretend to do the same. One morning a week or so ago I came upstairs to find a fake dog robot laying on it's side on a chair. Alexis ran over "look mom, I gave my dog a haircut!" She was so excited and proud of her work all I could do was smile at the tufts of "fur" laying on the tile. I explained as I have over and over that scissors are only for paper- and furthermore paper that mommy says you can cut. (We've had other incidents). I had to of course capture a photo of the pet groomer herself.


About a week later Alexis was supposedly going to sleep in her room it had been quiet for quite a while when I went to check on her and tuck her in for bed. Well, she had been to town with some scissors! I walked in the room and she hurredly jumped on her bed with an innocent smile and exlaimed "look i'm staying in my bed!" I wasn't fooled! I looked around the room surveying for damage as she started to say "down there by the bed can you pick up those for me?" "What is it you want me to pick up?" I asked. "Those scissors are on the floor, we better put them away they got left out we should clean them up!" Again I was not fooled with the excuse that they magically had "showed up" on the floor. Then I saw an orange feather boa that had been cut up feathers strewn across the carpet. I asked what she had been doing. She remained silent. I asked "have you been cutting with your scissors?" "Yes" she said with a downwards glance. I was trying not to smile but be firm and explaining once more why we can't use scissors without mommy. I went to tuck her in and she lifted up the covers and quietly with no words handed me a long strand of dark brown hair. I asked "did you cut your hair?" "Yes" she answered. "Show mommy where you cut it" she showed me and I was relieved she hadn't done any noticeable damage. I tucked her in and left the room and smiled at her mischievousness. She had gotten in a box and pulled out her art box that was packed away. She opened it and found the glorified kid scissors and being alone went to town with them! Needless to say I have put ALL the scissors out of reach.

5 comments:

paulak said...

That's too funny. Glad it wasn't a big hole from her bangs. Wants to be just like her mommy.

Maria said...

Priceless! Knowing the imagination of my little boy, I have yet to buy him scissors. They all are borrowed from Mommy. He would cause WAY too much damage if he thought they were his to use.

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

First off I have to say that I love watching other people's home videos! That was adorable of Alexis saying, "Kitty kitty cat"! SOOO Cute!
Ya know, I wondered when Alexis would try the whole hair cutting scheme of things! That's hilarious she cut her stuff dog! She is soo cute! OH! we miss you guys!

Tim and Melissa said...

Every kid has to have a story like this, right? We haven't yet...and I'm hoping we don't. Lucky that she kept her hair cutting to a minimum. She's darling!

Ashton and Shanda Call Family said...

yes...the fun of the "getting into everything" stage. We too are getting in that stage. Drives me CRAZY!!