Saturday, June 7, 2008

Birthdays, Train, Job Lead

June is a big month for my family. We have 3 birthdays. My cute little brother just turned 24 I can't believe it! They had a barbecue and we played Lasso Golf on the lawn. Alexis rode her tricycle around in the front yard pretending to be "the ice cream man" she would sing louder and louder as she drew closer to signal that you needed to buy ice cream from her. It was so cute! Then she would open the back trunk of her little trike and pull out a colored straw for you and tell you what flavor of popsicle it was.

Today is my Dad's birthday. We took the new "Frontrunner" train down to Salt Lake yesterday and went to Temple Square. It was so fun! I can't believe how smooth and fast it goes. We walked around at the museum and ate a hamburger and onion rings at Hires Big H. Shaun went on a bike ride and we are going to fix up my Dad and Mom's bikes' today. It is still a bit chilly and rainy but we are enjoying it because we know it will be hot soon.

Monday we look forward to calling on some job leads in the Utah area in Biological Engineering. We are keeping our fingers crossed. We would love to live in this area close to family. We love seeing them.

6 comments:

paulak said...

Happy Birthday to everyone. Good luck on the job search. I hear ya about being near family.

Lisa said...

Tell Alexis that I would love to buy some ice cream from her ice cream truck. That is so darling! What a creative little cat. Sounds like the June birthdays have been fun so far. I can't believe Mike is 24! And you're next!

Jordan and Heather Humbert said...

I'm so glad you found our blog...it is so fun to get back in touch with old friends! Alexis is so cute - and so old! good luck with the job search, it is always exciting to start a new adventure!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

WOW! BUsy month! I think that's hilarious Alexis pretends to be an ice cream man! :)
WE actually have an ice cream man that comes by our house like every other day right before bedtime! Talk about bad timing! Ethan loves the music that is played

Nicky and Patrick said...

We're so glad you found our blog. I love being able to see how everything is going for you guys. Alexis is darling. Good luck with the job searching.

Ashton and Shanda Call Family said...

I am glad you found me! Your little one is growing so fast! What a cutie! I hope you guys are doing great!