Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Family Pictures

We got some family pictures taken when we went out to visit in July. It was quite the undertaking getting two tired little girls ready and to hold still. They actually turned out better than I thought they would. It was nice to have a picture of all of Shaun's side of the family. We had a great trip out to Utah. We had already gotten on the road and realized we had forgotten our camera. Luckily we had some good pictures from family. While we were there we went to the children's museum, watched fireworks, went to a parade, played at a splash park, and saw both our families. 
Right now we are getting ready for back to school. I can't believe the summer is gone already. In addition to becoming an independent sales rep. for Avon I have agreed to teach a creative movement dance class to 2 1/2 and 3 year olds at the studio where Alexis takes dance. I am a bit nervous but excited. 

Colbie has grown like crazy and is talking up a storm lately. Her latest saying is "that for?" she asks constantly what things are used for. She loves barbies and dolls and playing pretend. She likes to catch pretend butterflies. 

Alexis continues to love art. She showed me a detailed drawing tonight of her design to make a canopy to put above her bed out of a hoola-hoop and material. She had a friend over the other day and they played dress up, watched a Barbie fairy movie, made necklaces, listened to music, and put on makeup. She is grwoing up way to fast! 












 

1 comment:

Melissa Post said...

SO cute!!!! I am so sad we missed you while you were here, please let me know next time you are in town, we would love to see you!