Monday, April 25, 2011

Prepare for the Multipost!

We had a great Easter Weekend. We stayed at home and relaxed! The girls enjoyed hunting for their Easter baskets and for eggs in our backyard. (it's so nice to have a yard!).We played some fun board games and tried a new ham recipe. I made the girls some new Easter dresses for church (I don't have a picture of Colbie in hers because she fell asleep). We went to the two shoe stores in town and let Alexis and Colbie try on shoes.....a favorite activity for girls I must say! We took a couple of nights and read some scriptures about Jesus Christ. I really felt the joy of Easter this year in thinking of the amazing gift of the resurrection. I am a music leader at church for the primary kids. I thoroughly enjoy it. Every time I am in singing with the kids we feel the spirit so strong testifying of the truth of the scriptures and words of the prophets. It was especially special this Easter to sing songs about Christ and read scriptures that went along. We re-read the scriptures during Sunday dinner together.
I know that my Redeemer Lives!












I definitely have "girly girls". I cleaned out Alexis's room and found about 30 lip glosses in a variety of flavors. We organized them and painted our nails. Colbie and Alexis sure had fun trying on the different flavors. Alexis wanted a different color on each nail.



 Alexis got brave and let me take her training wheels off her bike. She is so excited to be able to "ride a two wheeled bike" as she says.
 We finished decorating Alexis's Room. I love the vinyl stickers we got at Target! They are so easy to put up and reposition if needed.












 Oh the joy of the Love Sac! Colbie and Alexis love this new addition to the living room!
 Alexis performed in her school music program. She sang three songs. It was so fun to see her up on stage!
Here she is with her class her teacher is the one in the middle at the end of the row. She has been an awesome teacher for us this year!

1 comment:

Maria said...

I love seeing all the girly stuff. It's still so foreign to me to think about painting nails and using lipgloss with kids. :) Makes me excited for Marissa when she gets a little older. Looks like it's been an eventful month.