Wednesday, December 15, 2010

December







I can't believe that December is half way over. It has been a great year. We are having a mild winter so far. Tonight we got freezing rain and everything was super slippery. This year has been the december of creativity. We found this awesome website http://snowflakes.barkleyus.com/ where we digitally made snowflakes and then Alexis and I recreated our designs with real paper. We have them hanging in our windows out front.... super fun! (I'll have to get a picture). I decided to make Barbie clothes and then turned some of my "barbie design" ideas into Christmas jumpers for the girls. I think next time I will find a pattern! We also made some popcorn garlands for the Christmas tree.

Alexis continues to love art and I sit down and color with her almost daily. Colbie is as loving and happy as ever. She hugs and kisses us and wants to be held all the time. It's hard to get much done around the house when she is so active or wants to be held all the time. Today she kept opening up the drawer in our kitchen and climbing inside. Yesterday she found a box of plastic silverware while I was in the bathroom and scattered the utinsels all over the kitchen floor. Other favorite activities include dumping all the crayons out of the crayon bag, rubbing food in her hair, sneaking into the baracaded off kitty litter box, taking all the dishes out of the dishwasher while I load it, and unfolding all my folded clothes. 

Our kids have seen Santa a couple of times. Alexis has informed him she wants a real car meaning a hotwheel car. Colbie liked seeing Santa and was excited but didn't want to sit on his lap. I think most of it is for the candy canes she knows he gives out! Colbie told santa she wanted a bobby (Barbie).

As far as our new cat (Cade). We are loving him as pet. He has been a great addition. Alexis plays with him probably a half hour to an hour a day. She absolutely loves him. He is very social and keeps me company when Shaun is gone. I didn't realize I would love having a cat so much. I guess I thought he would be smelly or shed a ton which hasn't been true.

Shaun continues in his same job. We are hoping to have him work into a day shift position this next year. 

We will be heading to visit family for Christmas and are very excited to see everyone and the new babies that have been born who are growing up so fast! 

Merry Christmas Everyone!

1 comment:

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

I am glad to hear that Christmas was eventful! :) We sure wish that we could have made a stop along the way to Utah and dropped by Nebraska. WE miss you guys!