Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Imaginary Friends, Various other activites

For those that want to see how huge I am now. Here is a pregnancy photo
Alexis and her new bedding a steal of a deal from Wal-mart.

Winter Quarters Temple

My latest creations




These didn't turn out so well. The pattern was hard to read



For awhile Alexis has had an imaginary friend named Julianna. Julianna sometimes does naughty things and so Alexis has to go and have talks with her or put her on time out. It is so funny to hear her talking to the air. As she has gotten older the imaginary friends have expanded to a Grandma who is a chain smoker and won't quit no matter how much Alexis reprimands her. Today Alexis was telling me about her whole pretend family. What imaginations 4 year olds have. I love it! Her imaginary family consisted of a Grandpa who like her real Grandpa drives a Tahoe. His name is Grandpa Will and her imaginary Grandma is Grandma Pill. They have an aunt named Sarah (her real aunt) and she has a baby named Jan (her real grandma's name). The funny thing is that they all don't have brains. Except for Grandpa who she said went to the doctor and got surgery to have a brain implanted. Later today I heard her saying that her grandpa kept saying stupid. I told her it's not nice to pretend that and she said "remember mom they just don't have brains that's why!"

Lately we have been getting stuff ready for our baby to come. We still need to order a car seat and get some furniture to put clothes in and change the baby on, but I have gotten all the baby clothes washed. For my birthday Shaun got me a few crochet patterns from a website called Etsy. I have been making various hats and shoes. It has been fun. Tomorrow we are going to the temple and I have been trying to find a dress that will fit me while I'm pregnant. The temple here doesn't rent out clothes. I think I found one that might work. It will be really nice to go to the temple with the Branch presidency and the wives. Saturday we are hoping to go to the new Harry Potter movie if we can get a babysitter. I am pretty tired lately and my feet have swelled up considerably. So far I'm measuring exactly on my due date. The baby has already turned upside down and dropped quite a bit. It's nice for my ribs not to feel as cramped but now It's harder to walk! I have had a great pregnancy other than a lot of ligament type pain when walking and sleeping. I didn't even throw up at all with this one! Our last Doctor appointment the doctor was saying the heartbeat sounded like a boy and wanted to know what he had told us we were having at our ultra sound. We told him a girl and he said he has been wrong before. We still think it will be a girl, but it would be quite a shock if she ends up being a boy! It is hard to imagine we are having another little baby. I am so out of the baby mode with having a 4 1/2 year old. We are getting really excited to have our baby girl here!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Those little hats are ADORABLE! If we ever get a girl I'll have to commission you to make me a couple!

Mike and Stacie said...

You have always been such a talented crochet-er (i don't know how to spell that). If I ever have a girl I need you to teach me how to make those awesome hats. tbg n (that was from Tanner. He;s sitting on my lap while I type and trying to hit the buttons.) Anyway...I think it's so cute that Alexis has such a big imagination! She's such a dollikins! I love you so much! I still owe you an email about our house!

Sarah Brown said...

Alexis is so funny. Dave and I were laughing out loud about her chain-smoker grandma and that they don't have brains. Sooo funny! Those crocheted hats and shoes are soooo cute! I need the patterns! Love you lots!

Ashton and Shanda Call Family said...

That is so funny! Aspen has been doing the same thing lately. But she pretends everything is an animal and she puts them in time out for being bad. It's very funny. enjoyable to listen to. But sometimes I wonder if I get after her and put her in time out too much, since she's always putting her animals in time out...hmmm something for me to think about.

Mike and Stacie said...

Oh Boy !!! Alexis really does have quite the immagination. I can't wait until she starts writing more little stories. She is going to be great at creative writing. Your pregnancy stuff brought back memories. I always looked huge too. I love you em... and I am looking forward to your little baby too. I love all the little hats. I'm going to go to that website and see the patterns.