Sunday, July 19, 2009

House

What our house will look like minus the arched window on the right and colors
We really like the colors of this house This is a picture I simulated to try and see what our house might look like with a dark roof and dark soffit and facia like we want to do. What do you think?

Our lot and "our corn field"

We are really excited about building our first home here in Nebraska. Everything has gone through now and we are waiting for the foundation to be dug. We were laughing that we got back from Utah and drove by the lot and there was a whole corn field including where we will have our house built. The builders said they were trying to find out how to get it mowed down. Luckily I took some pictures because just today when we drove by it had been mowed. I will have to take a picture of that too. I guess we are locked into being here in Nebraska for awhile now that we are building a home here. We are excited to have something brand new. We looked at several older homes and almost went for a 1920's home with beautiful woodwork. The utilities were high though and the posssiblities of having to do repairs on older homes are always greater. After praying about the decision we felt that building a new house was a good choice for us. First time home buyers incentives put the cherry on the top. Here is our lot and "our corn field" with Alexis in front. The other picture are what our house layout is and the colors we are leaning toward. Give us you opinion- we would love to hear you input!

4 comments:

Katie said...

So exciting that you are building a home!! I just looked at your baby countdown thing. I can't believe you are already 33 weeks!! Seems like you just barely posted that picture of your 8 weeks pregnant belly. I guess pregnancy goes so much faster when it's not your own :) Hope you are feeling well.

BH said...

I love the house and am so excited for you guys!

Mike and Stacie said...

I love it! It's going to look so good! Love you tons!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Love the new house! The corn field makes it seem like you live in some far out country land! How fun! hahahahah

Hope you are feeling well and you are just right behind me on this pregnancy thing aren't you! Can't wait to see what our kids look like!