Wednesday, April 30, 2008

American Idol



We headed up to Logan and had and American Idol party at my Sister's House. It was really fun to hang out in my old hometown! I miss it!!! We went to the local seed and garden store and then went by one of my favorite decorating stores. I enjoyed walking around historic downtown and reminicing about our time spent living there. We watched American Idol and I got to hold my darling nephew alot. We still laugh that Alexis said her favorite was "David Enchilada" instead of "David Archeletta" she also likes "David Cook".


Alexis loves to dance and sing and has her own signiture moves we like to call "the men in black", "the long horn", "the travolta twist", and "hips". She definetely has a personality all her own. We think she got it from both sides of the family and ancestors that were very "animated". I love that she is so outgoing and has a bright personality. She has never been shy and whenever we drop her off at nursery she runs right in. We were at the park the other day and she yelled across the park to a little girl "I'm coming, I'm coming" after she had stopped to get a drink for a minute. She went up to a little boy at my mom's kindergarten class and proudly exlaimed "I'm Alexis" and put up her left hand with her signiture "longhorn" gesture. The boy just kindof looked at her. I laughed from a distance! What a cutie. We love being parents.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Ems!

So glad you guys have a blog! I love the "Idol" shot of Alexis. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend, and it's so awesome that Shaun passed his exam! That is the best news!

Love,
Lis

Mike and Stacie said...

It was so fun to have you guys come up for American Idol. That was such a blast.

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Way cute post Ems! Alexis has always been quite the entertainer hasn't she! That's hilarious she says David Enchilada! I think it's going to come down to the two Dave's!!!!!!

Aaron said...

David Enchilada! That's good. He was Malia's favorite too. I love, love, LOVE the pic of Alexis in her glasses. She is just too cute for her own good. You better watch out for the dating years. Maybe Eli will begin to come sniff around by then.