Monday, November 15, 2010

Halloween Catch up!

Halloween this year was just about perfect except for Colbie and Alexis being sick. We made sugar cookies while listening to fun music, carved pumpkins, got delicious "daylight donuts", and drank apple cider.  Shaun made his homemade chili with some chili base I canned from our garden tomatoes he got creative and added chunky stew meat and a few other secret ingredients to make it super yummy! I got to go to Alexis's classroom Halloween party as one of the volunteer parents. It was really fun to see her walk around the school during the halloween parade in her costume. We went trick-or-treating at the church "trunk or treat" . We also went to an assisted living center to visit Shirley (an older lady that I go visiting to monthly). Alexis wanted to go to all the fun and scary looking houses. She was a sparkle witch and Colbie was a bee. Colbie loved her costume and would ask to put it on when she saw it hanging in her closet. She liked to run around in it making buzzing noises. The fall weather has been beautiful! It just started getting cold the last couple weeks. The foilage is always stunning this time of year. I love Halloween! What fun ages with my kids this year. I will cherish the memories!

















No comments: