Monday, September 13, 2010

My first real trail ride= disaster

So I went on a crazy trail ride over labor day and almost got myself killed. I was nervous to go riding since I've only been on a horse one other time. I think the horse could definetely tell I was scared. After switching to the giant tan horse because the smaller black one wouldn't go forward the horse takes off down hill heading toward a large ditch. We are going over all kinds of hills  and rocks and I almost fall off the horse sideways and loose one of the reigns. I am scared to death. So here I am 20 feet feet from going into a large ditch at the bottom of the valley pulling on one useless reign leaning forward trying to grab the other reign yelling "woah". The owner is yelling "pull harder" and chasing me in the background on foot but too far away. The horse turns and almost runs into a barbed wire fence eyes crazed then starts running up hill past the owner and I loose both reigns before it stops at the corral! I was shaking after for about an hour. It was one of the scariest experiences of my life never having been on a horse and a runaway out of control one at that! I am so glad the horse did not get hurt. I'm sure I looked about as goofy as the guy in the movie. Only to my defense I stayed on the horse and my horse was running fast downhill. Glad I didn't break any bones or get hurt other than the bruised bottom for a week.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my gosh!! I'm so glad you are okay!! That is so scary! If if makes you feel any better, I'm scared of riding horses as well :)

Lisa said...

Wo! That's super scary. That's probably why they tell pregnant women to never ride a horse! Well, that and I'm sure it's dangerous for other reasons, too! I love all your posts and your new yard looks great!

mom said...

I just wish we had a video of it. I can just imagine it in my mind tho and it is pretty funny. All kidding aside, I'm glad you are ok and didn't get hurt.

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

So scary! I am glad you are okay!!! Sheesh!


Hey! I will see if we can map your house on our way to our trip! That would be so fun to see you guys! What is your address? You can email me that private info and then we can chat!
email me at jonjamieandethan@gmail.com!

We really hope to see you guys!